Bodmin Road Health Centre

0161 962 4625

How to register

To register as a patient with Bodmin Road Health Centre, you can either complete our online form or download and print the forms to complete.

Before you register with us, please check our practice boundary map here to ensure you live within our catchment area.

Downloadable forms

Alternatively, if you do not wish to complete the online form you can download both forms below and bring them to the surgery once complete.

Click here to download the Patient Registration Form (GMS1)

Click here to download the New patient health questionnaire form

Next steps

You will need to contact reception for a medical review as it is important that you attend for this check-up to gain full registration status.

New temporary and permanent patients to the practice will need to provide photographic identification and proof of address as part of the registration process. A current passport or photo driving licence will be accepted for identification and a recent utility bill (within the last three months) for proof of address. For children, a birth certificate will be accepted where a passport is unavailable.

Please note that you are registering with the practice and not a particular GP, however if patients express a preference for a particular doctor we will endeavour to help. Please bring details of any medication you are currently taking with you to your appointment.

Temporary Patients

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient please contact the local practice you wish to use. For example, if you are studying at university and were previously registered with us, you are also seen as a temporary resident. If you are not registered with Bodmin Road Health Centre but are a temporary resident within the practice boundary you will have to complete a temporary services form to register as a temporary patient.

Please see NHS guidance on how to register as a temporary resident with a GP or contact the patient services team via reception for further information.

Guide to GP Services

Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide here.